Friday, July 18, 2008

The stories will get better eventually.. I promise.

It's been kinda a long time since I blogged.. I'm sorry for all you fans *snort* out there. I've been suffering with the reality of 4 bones being removed from my body. Friday, as you can tell from my last blog, was great.. I felt super. Saturday, I was mostly tired... Sunday I felt like something the cat dragged in. It was Monday morning when I figured out that Vicadin makes me physically ill, so I quit using that. I'm such a wimp. There really weren't any benefits in taking them either.. I mean.. where are the pink elephants? Blue, at least, come on!
So, I've been slowly starting to feel human again. Yesterday, I was feeling really eager to do something fun.. take Audrey to the park or whatever.. and then I got a migraine.. grrrrreeeaaat. Ben happened to get back from school right after I took some excedrin and he ushered me off to bed. So, he got to take Audrey to the park while I laid in bed trying hopelessly to go to sleep.
If you don't have migraines.. here is the brief description of what happens to me. First I get blind spots.. they aren't black spots.. just blank.. nothing.. It took me a few mintues to realize that I was trying to read out of the corners of my eyes because of that. Then, when that went away, I got little rainbow squigglies swimming around in my vision. And, no.. the fact that they are pretty is no consolation. While I was lying down, the right side of my face and my right hand went numb.. oooooo.. tingly. And I felt like I was rocking in a perfectly still bed.. bleah. Once that went away.. the dull throb started. Of course, that was with the medication already in effect, so I shudder to think what the headache would have been like if I hadn't caught it in time. At that point, Ben came home and put Audrey to bed. I just had to get up, so we watched the season finale of Lost. I had my head in his lap because I was still dizzy.
Nice day huh? It's not over yet. I had my follow up dentist appointment to make sure the holes in my head were closing up okay. The nice nurse took a funny little syringe thing (no needle, hooray) and flushed out my sockets with some sort of non-sweet flouride/rubbing alcohol concoction.. she said it was an antibiotic.. riiiiiight. Here's the gross part. The last of my stitches came out with the flushing.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Then she told me to use the little syringe thing for cleaning after meals. Woo..... hoo....
I will say one thing.. I had a fantastic dinner last night. I made my first roast, ever. Eating meat is so great after a week... :)

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...