Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Miracles and Angels

A bit more serious today...

A week ago I had a very bad evening. Without going into too many details (which are boring and convoluted) I had an extremely tense dissagreement with a good friend. After hanging up with my friend, I proceeded to cry for the next 2 hours. Ben had called me right after everything happened and because I was not very responsive, he said he would talk to me later when I was a little more coherant. Of course, I didn't say anything, but it was very painful for me when I hung up. He texted me right after and said he'd call at midnight if I didn't call him. This must have been at about 10 o'clock at night and I was exhausted as well as emotionally distressed.
I was lying on the couch crying harder than I have in a long time and feeling completely hopeless. I was terrified that I had lost this friend forever. I was thinking that if I ever needed a miracle in my life it was right then. I was praying and praying for God to send me an angel. Someone to hold me and comfort me and tell me what to do next so that I could get my friend back. I was imagining (and hoping) for someone in white to suddenly appear and impart amazing wisdom.
It was right then that Ben called. I was suprised because it wasn't midnight yet and because my heart instantly told me that my angel was calling. I don't remember what we talked about, but I remember being amazed that I hadn't seen it before:
I had been spending so much time looking for a "sign" or a "miracle", perhaps of biblical proportions that I wasn't seeing the little miracles every day and the mortal angels in our lives. I forgot, for just a moment, that God brings people into our lives that help, teach and bless us. As for miracles... every breath I take is a miracle. Every seed that BECOMES something; a flower, a tree, a fruit is a miracle. Every moment with my daughter is a miracle. Every touch, smile and soft word from my husband is a miracle. It is so easy to forget because they happen every day.

To all the Angels and miracles in my life, thank you for being there, no matter how large, small, amazing or mundane.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...