Monday, April 9, 2012

Gifts from Audrey

One of Audrey's cousins had her birthday earlier this month. Audrey has been asking nearly every day since April began if it was her birthday. We have to keep telling her no. However, on her cousin's birthday, we were able to tell her that it was not her birthday but it was her cousin's birthday.

Audrey was thrilled with the idea that it was someone else's birthday.

An hour or so later, Audrey came to the door and asked me to look at a picture she colored for her cousin. I looked it over and then realized that there were a lot of letters written on the top. She had asked for no help from me and some of the letters looked purposeful, so I asked her what it said.


At the top, you will see what, at first glance, looks like nonsense.
"APBTH bA FRAU DRE Y TO BLE" 
Spaces mean nothing to Audrey yet. So, this is what she tole me it said:
"Happy Birthday From Audrey To Baylie"
(AP BTHbA FR AUDREY TO BLE)

I was impressed with her almost completely phonetic spelling of the message. The only letter she got "wrong" was the lower case "b" in place of a "d"

We were finally able to give Baylie her birthday message which she thought was very cute.

I am so proud of my little girl!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...