Saturday, April 14, 2012

16 of 30: 5 Greatest Accomplishments

If you haven't been following along from the beginning, click here.

What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

1. My children. I can't take all the credit for this one, but they are the most beautiful, loving, wonderful and smart kids I could ever hope for. I only hope I can be the best mom they could ever hope for.














2.  Marrying in the Temple. This was something I decided to do when I was young, so there was no question in my mind about it at all. There were times during my late teenage years when I chose to date guys that wouldn't have made that goal a priority in their own lives, but I learned from it and reaffirmed my desire to do what I knew was right. I'm glad I did.
Wow.. thinner, younger.. naive-er. Aren't we cute?

3. "Winning" NaNoWriMo two years in a row. For those of you not in the know, this is a yearly writing challenge. The goal is to write 50,000 words (which is the minimum length for a novel) in 30 days. Since I do not write on Sundays, it ended up being 26 days for me. It is brain-meltingly hard and I usually walk away from it completely burned out on writing for a couple of months. The prize at the end is the satisfaction of completing a truly difficult task, a certificate of accomplishment, and a nifty little avatar for my social networks.




4. Supporting my husband through college. Though I stopped the monetary support nearly five years ago, the emotional and spiritual support have been ongoing. Both Ben and I agree that it is entirely possible that it would have taken him much longer to finish his degree if I had not been supportive; if he finished at all. May 4th is the day, people! Can you tell I'm excited?


5. Being a forgiving and loving person. As I have said before, I don't hold grudges. I don't have the time, energy or space in my brain. I don't "keep score", tallying who was horrible to me and when, or keep a log of my charitable actions. I think I'm better for it.

Next: What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

Until next time, happy blogging!

1 comment:

ShariSue said...

I've finally slowed down long enough to tell you how much the Texas Thompsons all appreciate your thoughtfulness! Thank you for your consistent cards and well wishes. I admire you and I hope to see you guys soon in May!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...