Wednesday, April 11, 2012

13 of 30: 5 Weaknesses

If you haven't been following along from the beginning, start here


13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.




1. Sugar is a huge weakness for me. The moment I think about trying to eat healthfully, I immediately crave cookies, or chocolate, or fruity candy, or.... 


2. Burning away my time on frivolous activities is another problem for me. I almost always have some sort of game going on in the background while I do other things. My current guilty pleasure is CastleVille on Facebook. I tell myself that I don't play it that much because you have a limit to the amount of energy you have, anyway. The  problem is, I leave it on and check it frequently to see if I have any renewed energy.


3. When my alarm goes off in the morning, indicating it's time to get up and go to work out at the gym, my brain gets the better of me. I tell myself several lies: "You stayed up too late, you'll use up all your energy at the gym and be a useless lump for the rest of the day." "You forgot to wash the hand towels you use to wipe away your sweat..." "Your shoes are buried under all the other shoes in the box upstairs, you'll be too noisy trying to find them and wake up your kids." "Staying in bed with your sweet husband is so much more eternally valuable than one tiny day at the gym." That last one is especially insidious.


4. I over-think everything. Taking my kids out to play can quickly be tossed out because I think about the cold, heat, wind, bugs, itchy grass, other kids, etc. Everything that my husband says has to be analyzed and digested to determine what he REALLY meant. The email that I didn't get from that person who said they would email me plagues me and I start wondering if I'm that off-putting that people can't even send me an impersonal message. It goes on and on. There's no use trying to logic it out with me because I will most certainly start wondering if you think I'm so stupid that I just can't get it on my own.


5. I'm a sucker for cuddle-time with my husband. Many a task have been put off in favor of squishing myself up next to my husband, even if he has no intention of doing anything other than look up the news, maps, weather, maps, sports, maps, rental properties, maps, and anything else that occurs to him... oh, and maps. I have spent many half-hours next to him, completely bored but reveling in asking him inane questions so that I can glean some attention. (Really, it's not as bad as I make it sound, but chores, errands and tasks definitely get passed on when the opportunity to spend time with him arises.) I wonder if that will change when he isn't spending so much time on school. Probably not.


Next Time: Describe 5 strengths you have.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...