Thursday, March 15, 2012

Musical Balloons inspired by Play at home mom

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I am obsessed with Pinterest. An online pinboard that allows you to organize all the amazing and creative and beautiful things you find on the internet; what's not to love?

It's because of Pinterest that I found one of my new favorite blogs: Play At Home Mom.
One of the most creative parenting sites I've seen in a long time, Play at Home Mom is an excellent resource for ideas on enriching your children's lives.

I was able to throw one activity together in about five minutes as I had all the supplies on hand.

Musical Balloons kept my kids entertained for several hours, and that's really saying something. All it took was a few balloons filled with different sound-making items. In my case, I had the sand, pony beads, bells and marbles readily available.



Peek-a-boo!



A few days later, I tried glowsticks in the balloons. Those, strangely enough, were not as exciting for my kids. Hmm, back to the drawing board. :)

Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun stuff. I guess I would be afraid that the sand would scratch the balloons and make them pop...

Katscratchme said...

The sand balloons are the only ones along with the pony bead ones that HAVEN'T popped. The bells and marbles popped several times.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...