Friday, March 9, 2012

1 of 30: 20 Random Facts

If you haven't been following along from the beginning, start here.

1. List 20 random facts about yourself. 


1. I am the sixth child out of seven. Fourth girl.


3. The night I met Ben was when I had decided to finally give up on the dating game. Go figure.

4. I should have met Ben years before I did. We had mutual friends and went to a lot of the same dances and activities. Ben told me once it was probably best I didn't meet him as a teenager. He said I wouldn't have liked him. :)

5. We kissed the night we met. Yes, that is true.

6. I was almost an April bride, but ended up being a June bride against my will... funny how life works out like that.

7. I am an aspiring novelist. I have a problem with starting projects and not finishing them, but I am determined to have a completed book sometime in the next year! Even if it kills me.

8. I have participated in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month) the past three Novembers. I have "won" the last two years. In spite of having won, I have not completed a novel. This is due to my long-windedness.

9. I don't have good luck. I don't have bad luck either... I have neutral luck. I never win anything, but I frequently don't really lose either. That doesn't make much sense, but it's true.

10. I was called the "Animal Queen" by members of my family when I was growing up. I knew a LOT about animals and loved everything that could be classified as an animal. I picked up many creepy-crawlies with my bare hands. I could also mimic a cougar roar accurately.

11. I wanted to be a Veterinarian when I was a child. When I saw a video of a surgery when I was about 17, I quickly changed my mind about my chosen career path.

12. I love music and it inspires my writing. I can identify several songs as the initial inspiration for stories.

13. I refuse to let my children watch certain children's programming. Yo Gabba Gabba, The Teletubbies and Barney are just a few that I won't let them watch. Not because there's anything really wrong with those shows, but because they drive me up the wall.

14. I am a religious person. I have very strong beliefs, but I frequently have difficulty sharing them with other people. This is mainly because I don't want to share something so important to me with someone who might not treat it with respect.

15. I want to homeschool my kids but I often have trouble following through on projects. See #7. I don't want my kids' education to suffer simply because I suffer from intermittent slacker disease.

16. I love people unconditionally. I also forgive easily. Because of this, I get hurt a lot. Once you have hurt me, I may forgive you, but I won't forget any time soon.

17. My mother told me that I was a "why?" child while I was growing up. As it turns out, both of my kids are also "why?" children. You would think it would make me especially patient with them. You would think.

18. I'm a procrastinator and avoid doing things I dislike for much longer than I should. On the flip side, I will eat the things I hate the most at dinner first and save what I like best for the last.

19. I don't sing in the shower. I work out dialogue for my stories.

20. I do like to sing, though. I am currently involved in a family singing group and have performed on and off for the last (almost) three years.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Intermittent slacker disease...BWA HA HA! I guess I already knew those random facts about you, so COME ON! Dish on the REAL random facts! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...