Friday, May 20, 2011

Discovery Gateway

I'm sure I've mentioned before that there is a really cool hands-on children's learning museum up in Salt Lake. My kids love it and I've promised pictures.

I attempted to fix Hank's hair before we left.

Curly boy!

It ended up afro-puffing out fifteen minutes later.




There is a whole house that is just Audrey's size. She LOVES it! She loves to pretend to cook, especially. 

She's driving to the store. :)


Someone needs to talk to the store owners about the unsanitary lack of packaging for most of the foods!

Checking out... note the single lettuce leaf next to the bread.


Henry loves the water table. He looks for all the ducks and hoards them.



This is a little room attached to the outside of the play house. I think it's meant to be a tree house.

 The only problem with things being kid sized is that we can't join them in quite a few places. (This fact is likely more than fine with my children.)







When you go upstairs, there are a lot of areas set aside for constructing. The kids hardly know which way to go when we go up there. 


There is a little machine that has a program similar to Mad Libs. I did a couple. :)

As you can imagine, I did a lot of giggling when I made these.

We have a membership to Discovery Gateway and plan on going up at least once a month. It's great for the kids and a lot of fun for everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice...

Discovery Gateway made me feel a tad claustrophobic. Looks like you went on a good day, or at least, got really good at taking pictures inbetween the crowds!

Rebecca's Oasis said...

you have a lot of patience! We have tried things like this when our kids were little. Not good experiences.

So, we decided to have our own Discovery Gateway by having chickens, ducks, rabbits, geese, dogs, cats, snakes, chinchillas, fish, hamsters, horses and mother-in-laws

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...