Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Forest For The Trees

Most, if not all, of my family loves music. We all either play an instrument or sing. Quite often, both.

When we decided to move to Utah, one of the things I looked forward to was the opportunity to sing with my family again.

Shortly after I arrived, I was invited to sit in on a rehearsal for The Forest For The Trees. TFFTT is the singing group that my father and sisters put together several years ago. When they first started it, it comprised my father, my sister Jennifer, my sister Dara and Dara's husband, Jeremy.

During my first summer here, they performed for a Relief Society dinner at a park near our home.

It wasn't long before I joined the group as well. Several shifts occurred and Dara and Jeremy found that their responsibilities took them elsewhere. Dara came back to sing with us when she wasn't attending to her newborn baby duties. 

This past Independence Day, TFFTT was asked to perform at a Freedom Festival venue. It was, admittedly, a small venue, but a public one, nonetheless. We were given time for two sets. Of course, we told everyone. Quite a lot of family showed up and, though the sound was bad, everyone seemed to have had a good time.

The Payne family

The Nakais and Hydes

More of the Hydes (near the back)

The Forest For The Trees

Overall, a good time. Hot as blazes, but fun!

2 comments:

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i'm jealous... I miss singing with my family.

Anonymous said...

Ah yes...good ol' FFTT....Fffftttttttt......hehehe! Looks like you guys had a good turn out for the 4th!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...