Monday, December 14, 2009

The goose is getting fat...

I like painting. No, I'm not very good at it. But, as a result, I have quite a few canvasses that were gifted to me over the years that I have every intention of getting to eventually, when the painting bug of inspiration hits me again.

Anyway...

I've always wanted a ribbon board but I've been intimidated by the prospect of handling fabric for any reason whatsoever. I turn into a sort of moron when it comes to fabric; measuring, planning, cutting, sewing, etc... it always turns out weird. So, I've been avoiding making my own ribbon board and buying one simply goes against my desire to save money.

So, I have these canvasses just sitting around and I found a super cute idea online. Forget batting, attaching fabric, etc. Just take a canvas and staple ribbons to it in whatever pattern catches your fancy. Add a few brads (or in my case, push pins) and you've got a ribbon board. And you can't get any better than free.

As you can see, I've already put up a couple of Audrey's old pictures and the first two Christmas cards of the season.


When I feel the urge, I can cover this board with pretty paper or fabric (I'm already fantasizing about toile...) or I could paint a fun picture and put the ribbon on top of that! For now, though, I'm liking the simplicity of white and red. Very festive, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...