Monday, December 14, 2009

The goose is getting fat...

I like painting. No, I'm not very good at it. But, as a result, I have quite a few canvasses that were gifted to me over the years that I have every intention of getting to eventually, when the painting bug of inspiration hits me again.

Anyway...

I've always wanted a ribbon board but I've been intimidated by the prospect of handling fabric for any reason whatsoever. I turn into a sort of moron when it comes to fabric; measuring, planning, cutting, sewing, etc... it always turns out weird. So, I've been avoiding making my own ribbon board and buying one simply goes against my desire to save money.

So, I have these canvasses just sitting around and I found a super cute idea online. Forget batting, attaching fabric, etc. Just take a canvas and staple ribbons to it in whatever pattern catches your fancy. Add a few brads (or in my case, push pins) and you've got a ribbon board. And you can't get any better than free.

As you can see, I've already put up a couple of Audrey's old pictures and the first two Christmas cards of the season.


When I feel the urge, I can cover this board with pretty paper or fabric (I'm already fantasizing about toile...) or I could paint a fun picture and put the ribbon on top of that! For now, though, I'm liking the simplicity of white and red. Very festive, don't you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...