Thursday, May 10, 2012

Birthday Catch Up

The last couple of weeks have been a little stressful for me... "What?!" you say? "You? Stressed out? The Super Mom?" Tee hee, I say! You are too kind for words!

Okay, I'm done now.

Looking at my blog postings, it seems I fell off the face of the planet right after Miss A's birthday. In a way, I suppose I have. I got caught up in a roaring whirlwind of birthdays, bikes, party planning, Diablo III ordering, visiting family, a  factory tour, decadent gourmet cookies, a graduation ceremony followed by a graduation party and a surprise visit that had been planned since January.

I will get to most of those later.

Today, I will finish what I started and share the birthday fun.
I posted last time before we had taken pictures of the birthday girl blowing out her candles.

She always feels shy when she's sung to.


She blew out her candles on a small cake, but...

It was the Cupcake in a Cone that really did it for her. She had been concerned earlier when she caught a peek of them. She thought they were really ice cream and that they would melt.

Little brother!

Frosting on the nose! What a happy girl!

She got a bike for her birthday, and we will post on that soon.


Now, on to Henry's birthday!

Just as I did on Audrey's birthday, I asked Henry 20 questions on his birthday.

Henry's 2012 Birthday Questionaire


1. What is your favorite color?  Orange
2. What is your favorite toy?  Ball-Popper
3. What is your favorite fruit?  Banan-ies
4. What is your favorite TV show?  Spongebob Squarepants (I think he has watched it only once or twice.)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Sandwiches
6. What is your favorite outfit?  My bike  (I guess we'll have to work on his vocabulary so that he will understand what an outfit is by his next birthday. ;D )
7. What is your favorite game?  Bingo  (I didn't quite understand this answer at the time, but I now remember that we played Bingo on St. Patrick's Day. What a memory!)
8. What is your favorite snack?  Fruit Snacks
9. What is your favorite animal?  Duck
10. What is your favorite song?  Barbie Song (Aqua - Barbie Girl)
11. What is your favorite book? Cookie  (Cookie's Week - A story about a cat that gets into a lot of trouble)
12. Who is your best friend?  Audrey
13. What is your favorite cereal?  Honey Nut Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside?  Play with bubbles
15. What is your favorite drink?  Milk
16. What is your favorite holiday?  Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night?  Squacky and MingMing (His two stuffed ducks)
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Honey Nut Cheerios again
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday?  Spaghetti
20. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A grown-up

Henry had a great birthday. Nanny and Grandfather came into town and spent the day with us. We drove up to the Sweet's Candy Company factory in Salt Lake and took a tour of the place. It was a lot of fun, though Audrey was disappointed that she couldn't go into any of the really interesting rooms where the mixing and cooking were going on. Everyone liked the candy samples we got along the way, however. I'd share pictures but we weren't allowed to take a camera in; not even our phones if they had cameras.

After the factory, Nanny and Grandfather directed us to a little cookie shop they had discovered the day before. Rubysnap is a wonderful gourmet cookie shop in downtown Salt Lake. The cookies all have women's names. I had Judy. The moment I finished it, I wanted another. I've been fantasizing about this cookie shop ever since.

Henry also got a bike for his birthday. He has yet to work out how to pedal and steer at the same time, but he'll get there.

Instead of birthday cake, we had waffle bowl sundaes. YUM!




Just in case you were going to call Shenanigans, we didn't do the candle-blowing ceremonies for our children on the same day. Henry just likes that shirt.

As for the rest of the craziness of the past couple of weeks, I'll get to that... tomorrow... maybe.

1 comment:

Rebecca's Oasis said...

great pictures! Tell your babies Happy Birthday for me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...