Saturday, May 26, 2012

23 of 30: 5 Hobbies

If you haven't been following along from the beginning, click here.

List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.

I'll list these in no particular order, because I don't feel like being organized today... plus, it'll add a little mystery as to which one is my real favorite! ;) Please note: I don't include writing in my list of hobbies because it's not a hobby for me. It's a driving force inside me that will, hopefully, one day make me a living.

1. Playing video games. I love simulation and adventure games. I have been playing The Sims (and just about any other game from that developer) for many, many years. I love building the houses and creating the perfect characters. I send them to work and make them happy. This makes me happy! 
I loved playing Warcraft, but have yet to try World of Warcraft. I haven't been playing Diablo nearly as long, but I anxiously anticipated the release of the third installment. I've been playing it for almost two weeks. I've only tried out two different classes, but overall, I'd say it has been well worth the wait and cost. I love the story and "clearing" areas. I don't leave any stone un-turned or any nasty creature un-slaughtered. (As a side note, Ben bought it for me for Mother's Day and actually stood in line with all the gamer geeks. He randomly texted me the funny comments they would make about playing. Stuff like, "rushing", "farming", "runs", "And then this guy just goes all cyborg on me!", "bots", "Are you guys gonna start out on the hardcore levels? I'm gonna farm on the infernal levels." These are things that most people would either not understand, or think were stupid... They wouldn't be far from the truth.)

2. I love crafting. I'm still dabbling as far as crafters go. I haven't made 90% of my possessions.. not even 10%.  But, I do love making useful things. I also enjoy re-purposing. Making something into something else rather than throwing it away makes me feel about 50 IQ points smarter.

3. I used to enjoy scrapbooking. I now love making photo books! It's about five hundred times faster and comes out looking a million times more professional than anything I ever made in a scrapbook. I'm not dissing scrapbooking. I just don't have the patience for it anymore. (Plus, they take up enormous amounts of room compared to photo books!) One of these days, I plan on going through my scrapbooks and convert them all into photo books.

4. I love throwing parties. There is something so satisfying about having so many different people at your house and helping them all have a good time. I haven't been able to do this as often as I would like with the constraints of time and living in someone else's house. I like planning ahead for these parties and figuring out each and every tiny little detail. So far, I've really only thrown medium-sized parties (8 - 15 couples), but one day I will tackle the much trickier small and large-scale parties.

5. I love reading. I've been reading since before I knew how to read.. ;) I love immersing myself in a world and coming out on the other side breathless and fulfilled. It's because of reading that I love to write so much!

Most of my hobbies seem to deal with creating something... hm, I don't think that is a coincidence.

Next Time: Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...