Sunday, May 16, 2010

Nun's Puffs and Chocolate Cocktails

Who ever heard of a relaxing Mother's Day. Not me, apparently. Instead of lounging in my bed, receiving breakfast in my repose, I was up early frantically stirring a hot pot of sticky dough. Shortly after I realized that it wasn't going to behave EXACTLY like the recipe said it would, I took it off the stove, separated it into muffin cups and popped it in the oven.
The result were a dozen light, crispy and hollow puff balls.
I had made these once before a little over two years ago. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to sprinkle sugar on the dough before putting the pan in the oven, and all I had to serve them with was honey. Not too bad, but not very exciting either. So, this time, I was prepared.


Strawberries and Cool Whip! They were excellent! As light and airy as they were, I walked away from the table feeling over-stuffed. It was probably all the strawberries.
Mr. H isn't a fan of strawberries, so he enjoyed a banana.



After Sacrament Meeting, the ward handed out a nice little poem and chocolate for the ladies. I can always get behind a little chocolate.

We had a veritable herd of family come over for dinner. Barbeque Time! Hamburgers and Hot Dogs were on the menu. (I made a variation on Ric's Fresh Relish for the hot dogs. Cucumber, Yellow Bell Pepper and Purple Onion finely chopped! Yum!)

I put together a little gift for the visiting Mom's.

                                        
Chocolate Cocktails!

After setting them up on the table, I very carefully explained to the nieces and nephews that the tempting little treats on the table were for their Mom's and if they considered having an inclination toward even thinking about touching them, I would visit them in fiery vengeance and destroy them.

After the hustle and bustle made their way back to their homes, we rounded out the evening with a rousing game of Phase 10 in the dining room.

Like I said; not remotely relaxing. It did have it's enjoyable moments and I STILL have leftover chocolate. You almost can't get better than that.

3 comments:

Misty said...

They look SOOO GOOD! Glad it was a good one.

Rebecca's Oasis said...

I'm hungry! Where is my chocolate cocktail?

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I still have a gag reflex when I see Nun's Puffs. Bleh...Thanks for the chocolate!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...