Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Googly-Eye Drawing Starter

I found this idea on Pinterest, the magnificent wonder that it is. This post by House of Baby Piranha was too simple to pass up, AND I had all the supplies on-hand. Oh, all right, I had to hunt down my glue-sticks, but it all worked out in the end.

It also gave us the chance to crack open the almost-new boxes of crayons we got for FREE at a church swap! Woohoo!

Both of my kids really enjoyed the launching point of this craft. Googly-eyes are always fun!




Henry's pictures are still quite abstract. I see amoebic critters here, don't you?

Audrey drew a farm, complete with a pig, a cow that looks like a horse, a ghost and some dung beetles eating poop. We had just read a book called "Poop-Eaters" the night before. It's nice when the books we read make an impact. :) (Note that both the ghost and the cow have the letters coming out of their mouths backward. Audrey explained that the W and M come out of the mouth first and that's why they are closest.)

Both of these pictures were considered "fridgers" and are still hanging up for the delight of all! We'll be doing this one again at some point.. maybe after we get through the other 5,000 craft pins I have waiting in the wings. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that! That's so going on my list of things to do this summer...maybe tomorrow...the kids are dying for something fun after being sick all week...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...