Friday, April 26, 2013

Audrey Turns Six!

Yet again, I have managed to keep my eldest child alive and well for another year. I don't know why I'm so impressed with this accomplishment, but I really am. Every year I'm astounded that I have been reasonably successful for a WHOLE year.

This year was fairly easy. She got to have her dad home for her birthday, which was almost present enough. But, add her My Little Pony obsession into the mix and you have Birthday Gold.

We asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday and she asked for Strawberry Short Cake. I did it the way my mom always did when we were growing up. A slice of angel food cake, a pile of sweetened strawberries and a dollop of whipped topping. Delish!

We got the colored flame candles for fun. They didn't work as well as the box appeared, but that's okay.


We got a candid picture of Cami when she wasn't looking. Henry sports his new mohawk while he chows down.

Eden is looking startled. Pretty much every time she looks at Uncle Ben since he came back from his seven month training escapade in the Army.

The bird purse from Nanny and Grandfather was a favorite. She was quick to store some of her favorite things in it. (I.E. My Little Ponies)

A Tinkerbell card from Grandpa T and Grandma Linda came with cash, something every child wants but usually has no idea what to do with... ;)

Princess Celestia. This was opened right away, and likewise almost right way, a pony shoe was "lost" and had to be found by Mom.

Okay, we splurged and got her a playset: Princess Cadence and Shining Armor in their Wedding Castle. She's so invested in the My Little Pony franchise, we figured it would be worth it. What we didn't take into account was the roughly 45 minutes of adult assembly it took. Worth it? Yes. The bonus is that Henry finally has a boy pony toy to play with.

She also got some clothes from Grammy and Papa, which she has already put to use.

Next, we need to teach her about Thank You cards and put her new-found writing skills to use. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was an awesome party! Except for when my two eldest girls started getting mopey because they didn't have any presents of their own...ha ha! And a huge shout out to Ben for not taking any "candids" of me. :P

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh Yay! xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...