Thursday, December 4, 2008

Toddler Melt-Down(s)

Audrey normally wakes up in a decent mood, being somewhat like her father: The Morning Person. Today was no different and the first 2 hours of play were pretty good. We only had to take Christmas Tree decorations from her twice and she only got upset about that once. "MINE!!!"
After I finished my morning computer tasks (I.E. blogs, Facebook, Yahoo news), I relaxed on the recliner while Audrey continued to be busy. After a while, she wanted to sit on my computer chair. I obliged her and she proceeded to play with the mouse and keyboard. I, being the uptight sort about my computer, watched her for a while but reasoned with myself that she couldn't really hurt anything too much. When she pulled the keyboard off it's tray, however, I drew the line and locked the computer. Audrey took serious exception to that and proceeded to throw a huge screaming fit in which she cried, stamped her feet, cried, pulled the computer chair over onto it's side, cried, woke up her Dad from his nap (with said crying), cried, pointed at Mom (the offender) and cried some more.
Well, we decided lunch would be a good idea since it was close to nap time. Audrey was happy with her chicken nuggets until she saw Mom and Dad with some sort of wonderful purple sludge in their cups (berry smoothie). Again, we obliged her and gave her a small cup, a bib and let her feed herself some smoothie. She downed one cup relatively quickly and asked for more. The second cup didn't take much longer and she asked for more. The third cup, we figured, would need to be the last since she was now ignoring her chicken. After she finished said 3rd helping, we told her she was done with that and I rinsed the cup. THAT made her mad and she reasoned, in her toddler way, that throwing the rest of her chicken nuggets all over the table would be a helpful venting option. I was mildly tempted to video the tantrum and post it on this blog but I figured that would be mean and portray me as a non-sympathetic, cruel mother. It was funny though.

Really funny.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! You should have posted it! Oh, well...Kid tantrums make me laugh. I often have to tell myself that I shouldn't laugh at my son when he is losing control, but sometimes, ah, it's just all I can do!

Davola said...

I'm not a hater... but I do hate Coldplay. Pick new music. Oh by the way... I hate you.

Zaphod said...

Actually, Davola, the word is "hatter"; you're not a "hatter". So you really can't hat Emily until you send one of those really nifty cowboy things that they wear in Frisco.

Davola said...

I never was good at spelling... =P

Jen said...

Whenever my kids wigged out about something, I had to turn my back because if they saw me smiling or laughing, it would get worse.

Trillium said...

Whispering sometimes works. While they are yelling, you start whispering rather than trying to be heard over the noise. When they see your lips moving, they will eventually quiet down to hear what you are saying. Like I said, it SOMETIMES works. :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...