Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Halloween Night



Last year I felt like a bad mom for not taking pictures of my kids on Halloween. As it turns out, both of them fit into last year's costumes and so we just used those. The great thing about this year is that Hank wasn't completely smothered in his toasty costume and Audrey wasn't dragging her pants along the muddy pavement. Speaking of muddy, this Halloween was NOT. It was great!

We went out with my sister, her husband and their four kids. This was also Henry's first year not riding in the stroller. It was not quite the disaster I had imagined and also not quite the wonderful, stress-free experience I had hoped for. Reality was somewhere in the middle and I was okay with that.

Here is the before. 

My cute little Eeyore.

My happy little Hippy!

The circuit around the neighborhood proved to be a little long for both of them, especially Henry. Their buckets got so heavy, neither of them really wanted to carry them. When Henry decided that he was too tired to walk (with only 5 houses left to go), he started flopping down in the middle of the street.

Dara and her two youngest had retreated for home quite a few houses back which left Jeremy and me going down the street with two kids each. It wasn't so bad except for the competition for first-place-at-the-door and who-gets-to-ring-the-doorbell.

By the time we got back to the house, all the kids were exhausted and dying of thirst.

I will say with no qualms at all that I was completely relieved to get those kids into bed that night.

1 comment:

Rebecca's Oasis said...

too cute! I love the hippy costume

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...