Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Haircut, Sky Donut, My Shoes

Henry's mohawk was starting to get out of hand. It was hanging in his face and wasn't nearly as cute as when we first cut it, so we buzzed it off. Looks pretty good, eh?

We've been having interesting spring weather. Warm one day, snowing the next. This was an interesting cloud formation that Ben snapped a picture of. Looks a bit like a funnel cloud trying to happen. Not something you'd expect to see in the shadow of the Rockies...

And... my shoes... I LOVE these shoes. I think they're super cute and, since I got them a size too big, pretty comfortable.
The reason I bring them up is that Ben participated in the Walk a Mile In Her Shoes walk-a-thon a couple of weeks ago. And, yes, he wore my smashingly cute shoes! Good thing I got them a size big, or he wouldn't have been able to wear them. I was slightly disturbed yet intensely amused by his enthusiasm.
He came home with a t-shirt, new found respect for those of us who sacrifice comfort for beauty and very, very, very sore feet. He said he didn't understand how women could do it and that it cured him of any passing interest in trying out my shoes.
The t-shirt has joined the ranks of Audrey's pajama drawer and the shoes are back in my shoe trunk. The respect is still there in his eyes every time I put on a pair of high heels.

He also got a lot of comments and pictures taken while he participated in the walk. His physical fitness instructor even toyed with the idea of giving him extra points for actually wearing those shoes.

Today, when I asked him to put the shoes on so I had actual proof of the fact, he refused saying he'd never wear those shoes, or any other women's shoes for that matter, again.

I suppose I should be immensely relieved instead of mildly disappointed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, man! Now I'm disappointed too!

Jam In Stew said...

Better to be disappointed than weirded out, right? It gave me a whole new appreciation for the things women go through for the sake of beauty.

Misty said...

I want those shoes! So cute. Good for Ben.

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i wish i could wear those shoes! They are so cute! :)

I like sky donut too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...