Thursday, October 9, 2008

Normalcy would be nice..

Okay, so this isn't going to be a real blog today. Just an update on where I've been.

Morning sickness hit me with a vengeance on Monday. I managed to not throw up on Tuesday, but Wednesday was a bad one too.

Speaking of Wednesday...

Ben got a call at 5:30 informing him that our former roommate, Scott, had been in a motorcycle accident. He was unconscious and they were taking him to the hospital right away. Ben literally ran from his class on campus to the hospital. He actually beat the ambulance.

Needless to say we've all been terribly upset. Ben spent the entire evening at the hospital. The Bishop's wife, Erin, showed up at our door around 7 and firmly told me that she was taking Audrey for the night and giving me a ride to the hospital so I could be with Ben and Scott. So, I spent the latter half of the evening in the hospital too.

Overall, Scott looks okay. Not great.. okay. He could be much worse for having been in a motorcycle accident, so that's a blessing. As of now, we're waiting for his parents to get into town. We're also trying to find a suitable place for them to stay as the hotels are mostly booked for Balloon Fiesta. We've offered our third bedroom and the Bishop has offered his spare room as well. So, we'll be a bit touch and go for a while over here.

I'm still here.. just not as available as I was just a few weeks ago. But, I will try to keep in touch.


DebbieLou said...

I'm sorry to hear about Scott! At least he has you guys there for now, and the Bishop's family. I hope all goes well. We'll be sure to remember him in our prayers.

shydandelion said...

Hang in there!

leafhopper said...

I am so sorry. Hope he has a full recovery. The reason I hate motorcycles.

Trillium said...

I hope he was wearing a helmet. Heads are harder to put back together than arms and legs.

Make sure you take care of yourself too, in your "delicate" condition!

Katscratchme said...

As for the helmet situation... this is really interesting. According to the first reports we got, Scott's helmet was undamaged and attached to his bike. Later, we got reports that witnesses had said he had his helmet on which split down the middle when he hit the light pole with his head.
I had a mild inspiration yesterday afternoon.. since his helmet was intact and apparently undamaged, maybe some of the witnesses happened to see the helmet Heavenly Father gave him at the last moment... stranger things have been known to happen.

As for my delicate condition, I WAS mildly paranoid while in the hospital since those places are rife with disease and staph infection... *jibblies*


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...