Friday, December 7, 2012

Flash Mob

Just about everyone I know has some idea of what a "flash mob" is... I've even known some people who have participated in one. For those of you who don't, a flash mob is when a group of people in a public setting will pretend not to know each other and will slowly, one by one, start singing a song as if they are in a musical. (Only in musicals do people spontaneously sing together and know all the words in spite of seemingly making it all up on the fly.)

I've seen a few good ones. I've seen a few not so good ones...

Mostly, I love the surrealism of spontaneous song in a place where it doesn't seem to fit.

A friend of mine posted the link to a flash mob that was performed at a wedding.

It gave me chills. It made me tear up.

Though I have never seen Le Miserables on the stage, I grew up with the music in the house because my parents had seen it and loved it. I'm looking forward to the movie coming out later this month.

So, really, more than anything, this is for my Mom.


Enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...